Friday, October 15, 2010

GINESTHOI - Make It Happen

Dear Angelic Blog Buddies:

A few months ago, a friend of mine shared that for her birthday she wanted to go to Philadelphia's Franklin Institute to see the new Cleopatra Exhibition and wanted to go on her birthday, September 30th. She wanted to know if Chuck and I wanted to join her that day.

Chuck and I both enjoy seeing anything Egyptian, and so we proceeded in ordering tickets for the exhibition and being a part of her birthday celebration.

It turned out that September 30th was the day that a tropical storm named Nicole decided to stir up things with intense winds and rain on the East Coast. The weather forecasts were pretty bleak for traveling. However, I was getting a clear message that we were to go.

Our friend also called our house the evening before to see if we wanted to cancel. We never heard the phone ring nor did the recording actually record that she made on our voicemail.

Since she didn't hear from us and we thought we had not heard from her, she proceeded to meet us as we had planned and our threesome drove to Philadelphia. Even though all of us have driven through some pretty tough weather to our meeting point, once we were in the car together on the way to Philly, the rain stopped; and there was literally very little traffic on 95, which is remarkable by itself.

We made record time to the Franklin Institute. So much so, that I commented that I would talk to the ticket takers to see if we could exchange our tickets for an earlier time to see the exhibition. We were at the Institute over an hour earlier than we had projected.

I will never forget the experience of the three of us coming up from the parking garage to the Institute's main floor. The elevator doors opened and I looked out to discover that the only people at the museum were the employees. There was no one there but the employees and now us.

It ended up that throughout the entire day there were no more than about 50 people (and that is a stretch) in the entire museum. Usually there are bus loads of children and lines of people.

When I asked the ticket clerk if I could exchange my tickets she said, "Honey, you can do anything you want today. Go any time you want."

I looked at my girlfriend and said, "You must have been Cleopatra in a former life and the angels have orchestrated for you to have the museum to yourself today." Chuck and I were grateful to be tagging along with Cleo. It was a very memorable day to say the least.

The exhibit is there until January 2, 2011 and I recommend it abundantly. One item that I just had to write to you about is a papyrus note, that archaeologists believe features the handwriting of Cleopatra herself.

She wrote in Greek the word: Ginesthoi - which translates to Make It Happen.

As I was walking around the exhibit prior to discovering the papyrus, I was looking at the showcased artifacts and was saying to myself, "Well, Cleopatra, what wisdom do you have to share for those of us who are spending time with you here in Philadelphia in 2010?"

When I do private consultations with people, I ask them the question, "When it is time for you to close your eyes to earth, and open them to heaven, how do you want to be remembered? What life statement do you leave as a blessing for those who follow you?

Just after asking Cleo for her wisdom, I came upon the showcase of her message: Make It Happen.

I want to recognize Dr. Zahi Hawass, Egypt's pre-eminent archaeologist and Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities and also Franck Goddio, French underwater archaeologist and director of European Institute for Underwater Archaeology (IEASM). Because of them we get to experience more than 250 artifacts which had been lost to the sea and sand for nearly 2,000 years.

Because of their passion for archaeology, they made it happen. In the words of Dr. Hawass, "We give the American people the chance to learn about our search for Cleopatra and share with them the magic of this fascinating queen."

I am writing this blog mid-October 2010. About a week ago we experienced the calendar event of 10-10-10. In my service with the angels, I share the message that 10 is the number of mastery. The number ten is made up of two numbers = 1 and 0. It's the "1" that represents the gift of our unique one-of-a-kind life (I am - you fill in your name, ie I am Jayne); standing next to the "0" - which is God/Creator/the Infinite - the never-ending. It is in an essence knowing that, of course, God is always with us; and at the same time is taking the training wheels off and saying to us: Live your life fully and abundantly. Go for it. Make it happen.

It takes courage to look in the mirror at ourselves and say honestly, "I am going to make it happen." And the "it" is whatever expresses the fullness of you. You could decide you are going to make creativity happen in 2011; make a new business happen; make time for peace and quiet happen in your life; make time for spiritual practices; make exercise happen; make love happen. The choice is yours to fill in the blank as to what the it will be for you.

And it is something we can do in small steps. We can choose and decide that we are going to make simple joys happen in our life. I recently led two September weekend retreats at the Spritiual Center in Windsor, New York and asked each of the participants to share what they did in their lives to give themselves the gift of a simple joys in life.

You could feel the energy in the room become so calm, peaceful and relaxing as everyone shared what kindnesses they extend to themselves in small ways on a daily basis. I remember reading the Dali Lama's words: "My religion is kindness."

I personally think kindness is a wonderful thing to make happen. Kindness to ourselves. Kindness to others. Kindness to animals. I want to make kindness happen.

I looked up the word kindness. It evolves from an Old English word "gecynde" which translates to meaning close to kin. The word kind has KIN in its letters. So when you are kind, you are treating the person or animal as if they are a kindred spirit or akin to you. Webster describes kindness as gentleness; goodhearted; considerate in our behavior; affectionate; loving.

Queen Cleopatra was the last great pharaoh of Egypt. She definitely has captivated people's interest in her because of the mystery around her life. The conclusion of the exhibit shows numerous film portrayals of Cleopatra and it was an absolute hoot listening to Vivian Leigh be a southern belle voice of Cleopatra in her film portrayal of Cleo.

No matter what dialect we hear Cleopatra speak to us in, she is in an essence an ancient voice of a Divine Feminine/Goddess messenger. When she became Queen of Egypt she was simultaneously recognized as the embodiment of the Goddess Isis.

And so the Voice of the Goddess conveys the message: Remember me by what I wrote on the papyrus. Here is my wisdom decree: MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Angelic Blessings of Ginesthoi, Jayne

1 comment:

  1. Jayne, So fascinating all of the threads with Cleopatra, 10-10-10 and make it happen. I really feel a connection with all of those energies. Thank you for sharing and connecting the dots here.

    Recently I shared an experience with you about my curiosity with Stargate SG-1 and how 200+ episodes downloaded onto my Hulu queue. Today I was watching a feature film called, "Behind the Mythology of Stargate" They shared more details about how Egypt, Cleopatra and the Pyramids were woven into the first 7 or 8 seasons of the show and in the end they switched to Arthur and Merlin to end the 10 years. So many lessons in the show about leadership, integrity and communication. Thank you for the blog!

    ReplyDelete